Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Dave, Handsome As Ever...

The one problem with gorgeous guys like DJ Dave is that they are also very, very spoiled. All their lives they have had too many admirers. But if you can still make the girls go weak in their knees at the age of 60, then of course, who wouldn't be conceited?

Allright, so I was half an hour late in meeting with him but then the guy was in the thick of a badminton match (mind you he's a mean shuttler) so what's the problem? You know lah, guys like him usually make the ladies wait, not the other way around. Anyway, this Punjabi crooner would make me pay back by turning up 45 minutes late on our next meeting. (Eh, I didn't have any problem with that mind you...)

But what made this interview so memorable?

Dave was not only a smasher on court but he's one off it as well! No, he didn't flirt with me or try out any slick moves.

On the other hand, he was a most doting father in the presence of his two children, and very, very candid with what had gone on in his life.

"Look, I have had failed marriages and people have said all sorts of things behind my back. But what can I do? They don't know me and I can't go around explaining to people what I really am. So, please set the record straight for me, ok".

You got it, sir I says.

We left out many things- his skin condition which he claimed had robbed him of his good looks (honestly I didn't even notice it until he pointed out to me), his family crises, his ex-wives' battle for alimony and how he was near to exhaustion from trying to stay afloat financially and sanity wise.

So what's his secret?

"My father's relentless prayers and 50 push ups every morning without fail," he chirped.

Hmm, I don't believe you I says. Not until you take off your jacket, roll up your sleeves and show me your biceps, I dared not expecting that he'll do the former without missing a beat.

And true enough, the guy was in great shape, hard as steel biceps and a nice solid V to boot for a back profile.

So, Dave, here's what you've impressed on me. When I'm your age, I hope that I'll still be as yummy looking as you!

No comments: